Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Book Post

Library day again!

We returned 2 books and a DVD that was woefully overdue (Slings and Arrows Series 1 - I managed to make it halfway through this time. Oddly, I just went to the library website to request it again, so I can finish it, and it's not showing up in the catalog again. Weird.)

One of the books was the Complete Peanuts Volume 1 (1950-52). I'd never seen a lot of the early strips, and it's intresting to read along and see how things have changed. I'd never realized that Charlie Brown is older than most of the rest, or was in the beginning. Lucy was just learning to walk in the first years, Shroeder wasn't talking, and Linus was just born. Woodstock didn't have a name yet, and Lucy wasn't the first person to yank the football away as Charlie Brown was trying to kick it. I hope the library buys the rest of the series - the publisher is reprinting all of the Peanuts strips in chronological order. They've made it up to the early 70s so far.

We came home with 4 library books, though, so the total increased slightly. Gotta work on that.
And we spent $3.50 at the sale - $2 for DH, 50c for me (a Perry Mason/Agatha Christie 2-in-1), and $1 for El Burrito (Lyle Crocodile and Chocolate Chippo Hippo).

No comments: