Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Allergies and such

I picked up my lovely prescription eyedrops today. I knew they weren't going to be cheap; the optometrist gave me a $25 rebate form last time she prescribed them. This time, the warning sign was that the pharmacist told me the price and asked if I wanted to pay for them or not. Which I did; it's eyedrops or walking around with my glasses on, wishing for a way to take my eyes completely out of my skull and wash the gritty feeling off of them.

Grand total: $80+ for a very small bottle with 2.5 mL of the stuff. Plus the 0.5 mL sample I got from the optometrist. I'm glad we've got a FSA and insurance.

Needless to say, this stuff will be rationed very carefully - the dosage is 1 drop per eye per day. Last time, the bottle lasted about 6 weeks; it was a larger bottle, I think, but twice a day dosing. I hope this bottle lasts long enough to get me through the worst of allergy season. This stuff is right up there with DH's $3 a dose medicine on the Don't Lose It scale. Those are the pills that get dusted off, not tossed, if we drop them on the floor.

****

We didn't accomplish as much as I wanted over the weekend. Still not in shape for delivery of appliances, which will require moving furniture out of the main path, which in turn requires moving practically everything else. And the Firewire card is still in the box. But some things did get marked off the list, and the framework for some others was put in place. And we found out that our behemoth of a microwave isn't vented to the outside, which should simplify the installation. It also weighs about 85 pounds.

I did get lunch at Red Lobster for Mother's Day, plus some DVDs that are on the way. Gave 25 pounds of paper recycling to the trash guys, moved the plants outside, and donated 4 freebie cans of formula (the stuff El Burrito couldn't eat) to the USPS food drive.

And then El Burrito decided to wake up 2 hours early this morning.

No comments: