Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hair

It's been almost 4 months since the big haircut.

My former bangs are down past the end of my nose, but still not long enough to tuck behind my ears, so it's little hair clips for them. In spite of what my sister said about not being in third grade anymore. It's that or go insane from the sheepdog experience, and getting poked in the eye with your own hair isn't fun.

The layers were a good idea in theory, but I don't think I'm going to keep them. Unless I go super-short with all my hair, they just won't work, as far as I can tell. My hair as it is now doesn't work with a plain braid, French-braid, or even a ponytail. I'm stuck with clamshell clips and barrettes, which still leave half the hair loose. And honestly, it's probably just me, but the clamshell clips just don't look "finished" to me; they look like what you do first thing in the morning, as a way to get the hair out of the way until you have time to "fix" it.

Anyway, is shoving it all in a clip every day any different than putting it in a braid everyday like I used to do? Probably not. Same rut, just a different view.

So, as it stands now, I'll probably keep it about the length it is now, but grow the layers out, because I can't just figure out what to do with it when it's all different lengths. I need a way to pull it all back out of my face and off my neck sometimes - for example, if I take riding lessons again this year. Helmets don't fit over big plastic hair clips.

No comments: