Friday, March 14, 2008

I want a vacation

Actually, just a day "off" would do it. A day where I didn't spend an hour reading to a certain young fellow, or looking at pictures with him on the computer. (I can say no to a lot of things, but when the kid asks me to read him a book, I can't bring myself to discourage that at all. But it's a gigantic time eater.)

But then, it wouldn't be a day "off" - it would be a day spent trying to catch up on all the stuff I can't do while I'm reading, looking at pictures, or whatever. What it boils down to, is that I need to get more organized and try to get more done during the day, instead of saving it all for "later" or the not-long-enough weekends. Of course, I've been saying this for three years or more, and still no luck.

Speaking of luck - Monday is St. Patrick's Day. There's an Andy M. Stewart concert in town this weekend that I'd love to go to, but can't figure out the logistics of El Burrito'ing. I'm going to do the usual crock-pot Irish (sort of*) stew, and soda bread. And keep hunting for a purple oxalis plant to go with my 3 green ones. There were three at Schnuck's yesterday, but they were $9 each, and I couldn't make myself spend that without checking a few other places.

(*) My usual Irish stew has beef instead of lamb; lamb around here, other than chops, is almost impossible to find, and darn pricey when it is found. This year, I think we'll use the corned beef we bought on sale last year, if it hasn't gone weird in the freezer.

Otherwise, I'm determined to get something accomplished this weekend as far as housekeeping goes. We need to vacuum, and I'm tired of scolding El B. for stepping on things in the floor, when I'm the reason that said things are in the floor to begin with. (Okay, me, and the severe lack of space, storage or otherwise, around here.) Maybe it's spring fever, but I've been a little short-tempered all week.

No comments: