Thursday, August 30, 2007

What a day

For such a busy-feeling day, I don't seem to have gotten a lot done. Of course, most of that's because it took two hours and two trips to pick up a school bud display whatsit at Walmart for my mom, and I spent most of another two hours feeding the Burrito. Who loves cottage cheese, by the way - rinsed, drained, and used as finger food. He had cottage cheese bits up to his elbows, and almost up to his eyebrows.

I did get some shopping done at Walmart myself. Strangely, Target doesn't carry the metallic cardboard car-windshield things. Or fishing swivels. So, as much as it gripes me to go to the new Walmart, where the sales tax is higher because of their transportation district (which is another rant for another time), I had to do some shopping there. Also got some killer deals on clothes for the Burrito next summer. Sears has the summer clothes on clearance, plus 50% off the clearance price. $3 shirts, y'all. And we got an additional 50% off one outfit since the shorts were missing - original retail was $22 for a shirt, shorts, and hat; we got the hat and shirt for $2.75. Sure, the hat probably won't fit, but khaki shorts are easy to find and the shirt's adorable.

Honestly, I got a kick out of walking around Walmart, because they were playing Vince Gill's Fruit of the Loom ad on those TVs they have hanging from the ceiling. It's a hoot to watch, and he's got a wicked sense of humor. This is supposedly the 2-minute "album cut" on YouTube, but alas, I have dialup so I don't know.

And Amazon is wicked, I tell you. Another DVD sale. Must resist the temptation.

No comments: