Friday, August 3, 2007

Fun with Email, part 3

So, it's almost noon here. Thunderbird has been importing my Eudora mail (for the 5th time) since about 9:30 this morning, and if the status bar is right, it's not even half done yet. I'm glad I started it before the Burrito's breakfast, and I wish I'd started it right after I woke up.

Of course, this means that my 2 a.m. "Aha" moment was probably right, because it's taking much longer to import this time. Apparently the problem was the workaround I was using to keep certain folders near the top of Eudora's folder list. I put a space at the beginning of the folder name - " Stuff" rather than "Stuff" - to keep some of them at the top. After taking out those spaces, the import seems to be going well.

And, joy, after 5 tries at importing, I'll have 5 copies of some things. Plus the fun of setting up all the email filters again, although Thunderbird's Junk procedures might make some of the filters unnecessary. I hope.

No comments: