Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A fashion question

Fashion question for the day (because I am fashion-illiterate and -oblivious):

What are "mom jeans"? And why, whenever someone uses the term in a chat room or message board, do I get the distinct impression that there's a bit of a looking-down-the-nose sneer that accompanies it?

And why do I get the feeling that I wear "mom jeans" now, and have been since grade school (see the fashion-oblivious comment above)?

***

DH is taking two days off, starting tomorrow, so things will get interesting. Apparently he's planning to move some things (no idea what) to storage, and take other stuff to Goodwill. Which bugs me, because I have the feeling that even though it's stuff we need to get rid of, Goodwill will probably take it right out to the dumpster. There was talk of "other plans" for the time off, but no details. Probably something I won't like, if I had to guess.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Mom jeans are the ones that make your ass look huge and flat as a board. The waistband is located somewhere between your belly button and your braline. Sometimes they have pleats. Or acid wash. Sometimes they have no pockets on the back at all, or something the pockets are really small, both of which serve to visually increase the size of the butt area.

Also they might have pegged legs. Or an elastic waist.

Wait ... here, check here.

:) Jan

Jen said...

They're what the fashion oblivious wear and don't know it... and they also likely don't contain any stretch whatsoever.