Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Still with the email

The Burrito is asleep, the laundry is drying, and we're skipping the library today. Postponing, actually - we're stopping tomorrow after El Burrito's checkup (and shots!) to drop off some donations and overdue books. The Friends of the Library are getting a paper shopping bag full of audio cassettes and a 20-year-old set of World Books.

I know what I want for my birthday this year. Other than a house, of course. Paramount/Lucasfilm is finally releasing the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on DVD, and Volume 1 (of 3) is due out in October, not long after my birthday. Amazon doesn't have a price yet, but it's a 12-disc set, so it won't be cheap. Suggested retail is $117.99, but it'll be marked down the first week. The set only has 11 hours of episodes, so the rest is all bonus goodies. Apparently there are about 100 historical documentaries that were produced to go on these sets.

Right now, I'm cleaning up the massive load of dupicate emails that were created when I switched to Thunderbird. So far, I've deleted 123,006 emails, just in the past two days. And I'm still going through the folders, so there are more out there. Thanks to 6 attempts at importing, I had 8 copies of some messages. It's insane. But I guess it counts as decluttering, right?

Other decluttering - got rid of some boxes in the trash yesterday, and took the old Evil PC and an old printer to a technology recycling dropoff over the weekend. Apparently they refurbish what they can, and recycle the rest. Last weekend was also Hazardous Household Waste day, so we no longer have a bag of dead batteries and 2 compact florescent bulbs sitting around. (The bulbs were sacrificed proving that our kitchen light isn't CFL-friendly.)

No comments: