Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More random stuff

First of all, check this out. Gorgeous night shot of the Milky Way over the Teton Mountains. I want to be able to see the stars like that. Right now, in town? Not so much.

Had a visit from my mom today. She ended up taking most of the day off to bring my aunt for her last chemo treatment. She'll probably be back at work by 4:00, and work until 7:00 or so (it's open house night at the school). She had a great time with the Burrito, and we're going to visit them this weekend. El Burrito can play with his puppy, and we can decide what her name is.

My "new" camera is on its way back home after being repaired. The UPS number isn't a tracking number, though, so I haven't been able to get a delivery estimate yet. But it will hopefully be here by Friday.

Loreena McKennitt announced more tour dates in the US for October, and she'll be in Atlanta for a show. My sister and bro-in-law live near Atlanta, and we haven't seen them since El Burrito was born. It's tempting, especially since the weather there should be decent in October (better than in July, when my folks went to visit).

And the Burrito and I missed the condo lunch this month. I thought it was tomorrow, for whatever reason, but it was last week. And they were going to a new restaurant, too.

Maybe tomorrow I can come up with something substantial to write about.

No comments: