Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wasting time

How is it that I can feel like I'm perpetually behind, I have a list god-knows-how-long of things to do, and I'm sitting here feeling as if I'm waiting to be able to start something. It's bizarre.

  • I've got two online photo shows to judge (it's a model horse thing; hard to explain). But, I can't start judging until 5:00, so I've got two hours to wait on that. And of course someone's napping now, so later when I can work on this, he'll be awake.
  • I've got skeins and skeins of yarn, but I can't think of what to make.
  • I need to mail my sister's Xmas box. But before I can do that, I have to box it up, which means finding a box, and finishing the catnip mouse, and finding enough peanuts and bubble wrap to box it all up.
  • I could stand to vacuum, but with El Burrito napping, that's out of the question.
  • I'm trying to research speed tests on xD media cards, but from what I can tell, the H-cards are faster and not that much more expensive. CF is supposedly faster, but the camera I'm going to buy doesn't use CF, so it's a moot point.
  • I need to finish my spreadsheet of earned income last year for the tax prep. But honestly, I don't feel like it.
  • I need to order said camera, and I think I've decided who to buy from, but I'm having that problem where I am reluctant to commit to spending the money.
I feel like I've gotten nothing done today. I have, really. I took El Burrito to the mall, where we bought Valentine cards a day late (but not marked down), and very little Valentine candy at Target. The post-holiday clearance was pretty skimpy - lots of overpriced chocolate, ceramic jugs, and that was about it. I got the last bag of Kisses; most of the other candy was strange-brand chocolate or pre-made cookies. Not even any neat cards left, just Hello Kitty and Desperate Housewives cards. Bizarre. It felt like a wasted trip, actually. But it got us out of the house on our own, for the first time this week.

Then I got home, changed a diaper, rebooted the PC, checked my email, and had lunch. And discovered that I have two jars of Peter Pan peanut butter that have been recalled. What fun. And now El Burrito is awake, most assuredly hungry, and I have to go take care of things.

No comments: