Monday, February 5, 2007

A non-productive weekend

Well, that was a non-productive weekend. I don't feel like I accomplished anything at all, although we did do the grocery shopping and go to a birthday party for one of DH's nephews. Oh, and we started on our taxes. Yep, that's about it.

The birthday party demonstrated pretty effectively that ceiling fans and helium balloons don't co-exist well. The balloons survived the encounter, but the ribbon leash ended up wrapped around the fan every time. Now, why did it take everyone not one, not two, but three tries to realize this? Kids younger than 10 may say "okay" when you tell them to keep the balloon away from the fan, but there's no follow-through.

Things I meant to do, but didn't:

  • visit the toy store downtown that's going out of business (it boggles my mind that a town with 100,000 people can only support a freaking Toys R Us)
  • go to Hobby Lobby for the supplies I need for the Stick Horse project
  • sort out the clothes that El Burrito has outgrown, which are taking up so much space in his dresser that I don't have room to put away all of his clean laundry
  • hang up the night light and mobile for El Burrito so he can enjoy his crib time more
  • figure out the totals for a bunch of ornaments I sold for a relative, and decide how much to charge her for doing so. Her proposed 10% was almost an insult, but she has never sold on Ebay, so she has no idea how much work there really is.
  • box up enough model horses that I could then
  • water the houseplants, which are woefully neglected
I'm also still waffling on the camera purchase. The aperture range on the SP-510, as I read the specs, is a huge step backwards as compared to my poor C-3020. I may end up with the SP-500, which has a range larger than the 510 but smaller than the 3020. More research is required, and with a small baby in the house, my research time is practically non-existent. Too bad my ability to second-guess myself didn't disappear along with it.

No comments: