Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Library Day (2-23-09)

An easy library run today. We returned 2 books and checked out one, spent $2 at the sale, and I took 20 minutes to download some podcasts to listen to. Totals: 29 items checked out (12 for El Burrito), 3 on hold.

I returned a random book that El Burrito grabbed last trip, and a steampunk anthology called Extraordinary Engines. It's the first steampunk I've read (although I think the TV series Legend, starring Richard Dean Anderson & John deLancie might be marginally steampunk-ish), and was pretty interesting. A few of the stories were better (I thought) than the others. One that I really liked was "American Cheetah" by Robert Reed - a robot/android Abraham Lincoln meets up with the James-Younger Gang.

We do need to work on El Burrito's library voice, though. It took so long to get him to talk loud enough to hear when there's background noise, and now we need to work on a whisper again. Sigh.

No comments: