Thursday, February 26, 2009

Decluttering progress

I think I had a personal record over the weekend: we got rid of 50+ pounds of paper recycling! We dropped 33 pounds of random paper (newspaper, junk mail, etc.) at the recycling bins on Saturday, and put another 25 pounds of magazines and 5 pounds or so of random bits and pieces out at the curb on Monday morning. That comes out to 63 pounds, give or take a pound.

And, sadly, you can't really tell a big difference. I can't, at least, but DH says he can tell a difference. I think it's got something to do with the fact that I'm here all day, every day. I've built up an immunity or something.

Then today I took a bag of books with us to the library, to donate back to the Friends group for their sale. The books (all 9 of them) were duplicate books of El Burrito's, and they all came from the Friends sale originally. We didn't pay more than $3 for the whole batch, and they were mostly library discards anyway, so I thought giving them back to the Friends to sell again was a good destination for them. I've got another small stack that I need to take to the used-book store next time I'm on that side of town.

And now we're about to be hit with a nice squall line of thunderstorms, so I'm going to get offline and spend an hour watching Psych and sorting through more paper for recycling.

No comments: