Friday, October 19, 2007

Quite the vocabulary . . .

. . . especially for a monster.

In less than four minutes yesterday, Cookie Monster managed to use lachrymose, ecstatic, elated, and euphoric in the "Letter of the Day" segment of Sesame Street. Considering the target audience, that's amazing. Heck, I've got a pretty good vocabulary, and I don't recall seeing "lachrymose" until I read the Lemony Snicket books a few years ago.

Yes, I watch Sesame Street, and I enjoy the puns. Grover's raven and Uncle Rachmaninoff still make me smile, and the Meal or No Meal spoof of Deal or No Deal made me laugh my head off.

The Burrito stalled on his nap for an hour and a half today, which makes it seem like a very unproductive day. He's also worse than a cat lately for being underfoot. He loves to sneak up behind us, and being so short and very quiet, we don't see him until we turn around and almost trip over him. I'm seriously considering getting one of those orange flags-on-a-stick that you can put on a bicycle, and taping it to his diaper.

No comments: