Friday, October 26, 2007

Insanity

My DH, that is. Possibly.

The furnace guy came today, so we got the front two rooms presentable (pictures to come) this week. I gave up at 1 a.m. last night, considering things "good enough" as long as I ran the vacuum this morning. Had to take El burrito to bed with me because DH was tinkering in his room, aka "the other room," when I went to bed. I woke up at 5:45 a.freaking.m. and all the lights were still on. DH was still awake. I staggered blindly (no contacts!) in to the kitchen, stared at him until he asked me what was wrong, and hauled him off to bed for 2 hours of sleep.

He'd mopped the kitchen floor, among other things. I'm pretty sure the furnace guy didn't notice. (He also had to ask me where the filter is on our machine. It's somewhere in the guts of the furnace, darned if I know exactly where. One guy thought it was accessed through the return air vent. You know, the one that's seven feet above the floor. I'll be the first to admit that the floor plan and such here stinks, but it's not that bad, thank goodness. I'm going to have the next one draw a diagram and stick it to the furnace.)

Granted, the front rooms look good, but we'll spend the next two weeks trying to find things that got shoved in a box. I just found the checkbook last night, and it's been missing for a week.

No comments: