Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The New Leaf

The "new leaf" is chugging along. I've managed to remember the morning tooth-brushing three times in the past week, which is good for me these days. Just need to find the floss and start using it. And get rid of all the unwaxed floss around here, because it's everywhere and I can't use it. It shreds between my teeth.

We've been walking twice, plus the weekend shopping involved enough walking to count as exercise in my book. It made my feet hurt, anyway.

We got the results of DH's quarterly bloodwork this week. His blood iron is back to normal and his HbA1C was a lovely 5.9 - the iron-free vitamins and cinnamon capsules seem to be helping. However, his triglycerides and HDL are still not where they should be. With any luck, the walking will help the triglycerides, and the fish oil supplement may help the HDL. I need to find the last bloodwork numbers and see if there's any improvement since we started the fish oil.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to get 28-hour days and convince El Burrito to sleep all night in his crib. Then I might actually have the energy to get something done.

No comments: