Friday, September 28, 2007

Carrots

Big news - El Burrito ate carrots with a fork today.


Yes, he's using a pickle/seafood fork. Light, fairly dull, and my third choice when the dinner and salad forks are all in the dishwasher. The Event was properly recorded - camcorder, digital camera, and digital camera movie mode - and we even called DH to share the news.

Still working on Tooth #3, and he's slept through the night in his crib probably 10 nights out of the past 14. Sadly, last night was not one of them, which is why I'm dragging today.

*****

El Burrito is going to his first Renaissance Festival this weekend, in Kansas City. (Not the best website, though) We had to skip last year, since we were still horribly sleep deprived and DH's car was being persnickety. It'll be a one-day trip instead of our usual weekend visit with friends in the area, but it'll do. We'll still have dinner with some friends of mine in KC, but we won't be spending the night catching up. Now I just have to make sure and pack everything. Food, water, straws, sunscreen, what else?

This year, I may manage to buy the windchimes I've been lusting after for a few years. Almost bought them last time, but I waffled too long. And it won't be RenFest without at least stopping at Nene Thomas' stand to see what new artwork she's got for sale. I still drool over the Winter Carousel Horse, but it's a huge piece. And sold out. I've got the 5x7 note card of the print, but it's not the same as the wall-sized original. I keep hoping that she'll finish the Carousel Horse series and turn it into a calendar, since there were originally 12 designs that she had in mind.


***
Photos:


The only (slightly) decent shot I got of the Harvest Moon on Wednesday night. Lousy timing.




DH and El Burrito (and the new stroller) on our walk last night.


Clouds we saw while out walking. Three laps around the complex, so about a mile.

No comments: