Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Riding Lesson #4

Lesson #4 last night.

My last ride on Libby, who Sue gets to ride Wednesday (after graduating from Katie). We rode indoor again, since it was raining. We did walking, some trotting, half-halts, and forehand turns. Libby was being a bit of a pill, wanting to move out too fast, so I had to work on slowing her down a bit. We were also having problems with left turns, but Tiffany said it wasn't something I was doing, so it was probably Libby being achy from the weather changes.

Also had some problems with Libby not stopping when I asked. I'm not used to riding on the bit with a snaffle; I'm more used to staying out of the horse's face, so I may not have been asking for a stop in the way that she's used to. But, I spent two years with a gelding who got seriously snarky and cranky if I was in his face too much, so it's habit, especially since he and Libby are both bay.

Overall, it was a good ride. I don't know who I'll be riding on Wednesday, but I'm hoping for a not-tall, not-bay gelding, maybe with a nice canter so I can give that a shot.

And, since I won't get to go to the demonstration on Saturday, I may see if DH and El Burrito want to come watch one night this week. El Burrito has never met a horse up close, and I feel like I'm slacking off in his animal-familiarity stuff.

No comments: