Monday, June 11, 2007

Other riding-related tidbits

Forgot to mention, but I took Jan's suggestion and checked the selection of jeans at Goodwill over the weekend. We were on that side of town, having lunch at the re-opened Peking Restaurant, which sadly isn't as good as it used to be, in spite of having the same cook and owners. The lemon chicken isn't on the menu anymore, either. Much sadness.

If I were a size 4 or 6 - Stop laughing! - I could have come home with a dozen pairs of jeans from Goodwill, some still with the tags on. Unfortunately, I'm not a size 4 or 6, or even 14 or 16 these days. I found exactly one pair of jeans in a size larger than 16, and even they weren't my size. I guess the larger sizes go fast. But, any pipe-cleaner-thin girls in town? They could score big on jeans there.

I've gotta say, though, it would be soooo much easier if the jeans were sorted by size. I know, volunteer labor, but even putting single-digit sizes on one rack and double-digits on another would help tremendously. Also, putting a decodor for the pricing system somewhere would be nice. They do something with colored plastic taggy bits, the plastic string that lots of price tags are attached with. The kind that look like l--------l, if that makes any sense.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What size do you need? I might have some left from my weight loss... I definitely have some breeches I might be looking to get rid of.

Christi said...

Jen - Thanks for offering. I wear a size 20W in Lee jeans right now, if that helps. I probably won't be riding again for a while though - too hot for me - and hopefully the 20s will be too big by then.

I intended to be done losing most of the baby weight by now, at one year post-baby, but it hasn't happened yet. About 3 months ago, I could get the size 18s on, but couldn't sit down in them. I haven't had the nerve to try again lately, though.