Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Expeditioning & Progress

Not a real word, but the best I can do. "Expediting" doesn't mean the same thing.

Progress:
  • 16 pounds of recycling left the house yesterday
  • The indoor/outdoor carpet project is progressing. We trimmed the excess last night, leaving 3 inches on each side for wiggle room. Now we just have to pull up the old carpet, and staple and stretch the new. Which won't get done tonight.
  • I may have a buyer for three shirts I bought years ago (actually, Mom bought them for me, which is why I've been getting her away from the idea of buying clothes for me)
Expeditioning: I tested the new plan for library trips today, and it worked fine. Instead of trying to do the library run after lunch, which is smack in the middle of El Burrito's nap time, I had a brain storm and thought "Hey, doof, why not make the run early and get home before nap time?" So this morning, we were ready and out the door by 11:00, and home by 12:45. It worked beautifully.

Okay, except for the fact that El Burrito apparently decided that today wasn't a good day for a nap. He fell asleep not too far from the usual time, and woke up 30 minutes later. Argh. Eventually, I decided it wasn't going to happen, and fed him some lunch. We made another try at the nap later on, and it still took most of an hour for him to fall asleep.

Plans for tonight: Tuesday means TV-juggling night. The ACM (Academy of Country Music) awards, Veronica Mars, Deadliest Catch, and the last-episode-ever of Gilmore Girls. I may cry. I need to find the tape with last week's episode of GG; my sister hasn't seen the last few, and I promised to loan her my copy.

No comments: