Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bleah

That's my week so far.

El Burrito has been running a fever (99 or 100) since yesterday, thanks to his vaccinations last week. Chicken pox, plus the first live vaccines that he's gotten. What fun. He's sleeping an hour at a time, and didn't really sleep at all last night. Joy joy.

I listed something on Ebay today, and it took over an hour because of El Burrito's Fussy Gus behavior. And this was something similar to an auction I had last month, so it was only a matter of relisting the other auction and changing four words.

I'm still undecided about the riding program, which starts in about 10 days. DH's opinion is that I'm afraid, but I'm not sure of what.

We went to Orscheln's Tuesday, planning to buy a helmet and possibly boots and a pair of jeans. No luck. They had 4 riding helmets in stock, 3 small, 1 large. The small? Imagine William Tell's kid with the apple perched on his head. The large felt too loose to me, but then I've never worn a helmet, so what do I know. Also, a farm & ranch supply store with no cowboy boots seems a bit insane to me. But there it is. Dozens of work boots, gum boots, hiking boots, and things that looked like cowboy boots but with heavy-tread soles.

So, tomorrow we're driving 75 freaking miles (one way!) to a Western-wear store. Because even though Boone County is probably the horsiest county in Missouri, and there are two colleges in town with equestrian programs, there's not a tack store in this town (population around 75,000) that I can find. It boggles my mind, really.

Blue moon tonight! If the clouds clear, I may take pictures.

No comments: