Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Library Day! (1-13-09)

Another fun trip to the library today. The totals: returned 5 books, checked out 3, and have 30 items out and 5 on hold.

Returned today:
  • Dragonheart
  • Ten Kids, No Pets
  • Eleven Kids, One Summer
  • The Universe through a Mirror - which was severely overdue and I still haven't finished.
  • one other one that I forgot to write down. Gah!
Next, I need to start on the second book in the Ranger's Apprentice series. I've got the last four books from the library, and one is on hold for someone else, so I have to get to work.

Then we found some goodies on the sale carts. El Burrito got a Sandra Boynton book, I found a very recent Roget's Thesaurus and Gone with the Wind for 50 cents each (hardback, no dust jacket), and we bought Season 2 of Magnum P.I. on DVD for $3. Spent $7 total.

El Burrito got to go on foot instead of in the stroller, since he wanted to play games on the library computers. He behaved pretty well, and we played some Caillou game for 20 minutes or so. I'm not sure what the game's about - the library game computers all have kid-size headphones, so I don't get to hear the audio. I know we were popping bubbles and hunting for party hats. Never did find that 6th hat, though.

No comments: