Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold!!

Today was the first storytime of the year, for 2-year-olds. We skipped it, because it's just too freaking cold. Weather.com says it's a whopping 8 degrees outside, minus a few degrees of windchill. Since I can't go out to warm up the car before I put El Burrito in, and the front door is a PITA to lock from the outside when it's this cold, I decided to stay home. We went to the library on Tuesday already, and El Burrito got to play a bit then. The library got some new toys over the holidays - a wooden barn from Lakeshore, with toy critters to go with it. Lakeshore's buildings are expensive, but they seem to be built to last. The dollhouse at the library gets a lot of use (and abuse, I'm sure), but it's holding up well.

El Burrito did go with me to get the mail, mostly because leaving him alone inside isn't a good option. He got bundled to the gills for our 20-yard or so walk - it took longer to get him dressed up than it did to walk to the mailboxes and back. :) Then we had lunch, broke out the crayons, and watched an hour or so of PBS (Curious George and Clifford) before naptime. I did more coloring than he did; he mostly used his toy backhoe to scoot crayons around on the couch.

Predicted low tonight is -2 (!) but then up into the 20s tomorrow. A heat wave! At least I'm not in Michigan with my sister, where they've got masses of snow on top of insanely cold temperatures.

No comments: