Saturday, January 10, 2009

Atlantis wrap-up

So. Not a bad finale, overall, but then I've watched some pretty brain-frying series finales over the years. (Angel and Forever Knight, I'm looking at you here.) No one died permanently, there were some good space battle scenes. The mention of naming the new ship for General Hammond was a nice touch. Apparently there was an "In Memory of Don S. Davis" screen at the end, but I missed it. Have to check the tape later.

But there were a few problems.
  • Did everyone with the Ancient gene go to Pegasus? Because otherwise, I'd expect O'Neill to be smart enough to keep someone with the gene ready to hop into the Chair at all times. Of course, that would have screwed up the last half of the finale.
  • Killing just to un-kill him is practically cheating. Of course, the writers learned from SG-1 on this. Heck, Daniel Jackson died how many times? It did lead to some words being said to the TV, and I wish I still had my Ping-pong ball gun.
  • Another kamikaze mission.
  • How are they going to get Atlantis back to Pegasus? And which planet will they live on now?
  • Scenes in the SGC without O'Neill?
  • Who was Ronon's new girlfriend? I swear I haven't seen her before.
And someone at MGM/Sci Fi messed up. Tonight's episode had a code for their contest, but the contest website isn't taking entries. Guess it thinks the last new episode was last week.

No comments: