Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tuesday's book post

As of yesterday, there were 32 items out, 9 on my hold list, and one (Slings & Arrows, series 1) that was so overdue that my account is blocked. Yay.

We returned two books and one DVD, and obviously didn't check anything out. And right now I've got 4 CDs ready to return, plus the Slings & Arrows set that I finished today. (It's got "adult language" so I can't watch it with the Burrito around.)

Returned:
  • It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown - Can't find our copy at the moment, hope El Burrito doesn't notice until I can find ours.
  • Tomorrow, When the War Began - Didn't finish this one, but the series looks interesting.
  • Size 12 is Not Fat - Meg Cabot's mystery series for older readers (older than the Princess Diaries audience, that is). Pretty good for a summer read; I forgot I'd already read it, so I need to read the sequel, Size 14 is Not Fat Either.
Then we spent $6.50 at the book sale. El Burrito got a book from the Mr. Rogers series (about potty training), I found 4 Black Stallion books and a big coffee-table type book about castles of Ireland, and we found an American Girl book for my mother-in-law (to give the granddaughters). I'm pretty sure I have all the Farley series already, but they're back home in the basement, so who knows what shape they'll be in when I find them again. I bought these four as backups.

I tried taking El Burrito in without the stroller, and it went well enough until I was trying to juggle him, a purse, a tote bag, and the books we were buying, while trying to see if I had enough cash in my wallet to pay for the books. Yeah, not so much, until I grow another arm or two. He did get a kick out of walking around in Office Depot, though. A new place, lots of aisles to bop up and down, and a big poster-sized Cars coloring book on a shelf. Fun!

No comments: