Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Books, books, books

Today's library numbers: 24 items checked out, 8 on hold. We returned 5 books and only checked out one CD that was waiting for me.

The irritating part is that I had something else waiting on hold for me, but they only hold things for 7 days. I didn't make it in to the library in time, so the hold expired, and I can't remember what it was. Either I'll remember later, I'll find the mailed notice, or it wasn't that important anyway.

Returned today:
  • Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? - Written by Peter Walsh, the organizing "guru" from Clean Sweep, which I used to watch a lot. It's an interesting theory; I know we eat out occasionally (or default to PB&J sandwiches) because we don't plan meals in advance.
  • What Every 21st Century Parent Should Know - Full of statistics, many of which prove that the 24-hour news media tends to blow some things a bit out of proportion.
  • The Dirt on Clean - Very interesting, but I only got to page 100 or so, so it's back on my wait list.
  • The Complete Peanuts 1953-54 - Has one of the best cartoons ever: Charlie Brown using a vinyl LP as a frisbee, dog toy, and other things, then complaining that those darn library records always skip.
  • Great American Horses: The Tennessee Walking Horse - Kiddie book.
And we spent $2.50 at the sale - $2 on books for the in-laws, 50c on a Sesame Street book for El Burrito.

No comments: