Tuesday, January 7, 2020

More mending

After buying 3 packs (11 total) of denim needles, I spent another afternoon sewing belt loops and pocket corners.  Managed to only break one more needle, and it was a hand-sweing needle, while fixing a belt loop.

Next up, I still need to fix the straps on one tote bag, since they're unraveling at the edges, and try to fix my Friends of the Library tote that had an unfortunate run-in.  I managed to get tangled in the strap and trip, and my weight managed to put a 5-inch or so tear down the middle of one side.  It's a nasty tear, so there will have to be muslin backing to make up for the now-missing fabric that came unraveled along the tear.  Yay. I did find matching thread at Jo-Ann Fabrics, but also came out with 3 yards of fabric and about 6 remnants.  It would be faster and cheaper if I just did all my Jo-Ann shopping online.

No comments: