Friday, January 3, 2020

2020 mending

My goal for New Year's Day was to work on the pile of mending.  Because apparently that's where all Chris' jeans were - 5 pairs.  And other things.


Behold, Mount Denim


I managed to fix the strap on the soda cooler, which required picking out all of the old attempt to fix it, and the hole in D's hoodie. 



 first attempt

 after picking out the old attempt


Patch #2, reinforced on both sides

 The holey hoodie

 Many, many jeans with pocket holes

 Oops

But the jeans were not a rousing success.  I managed to break all three denim needles on two pairs of jeans. 

And, possibly my biggest accomplishment of the year, I managed to somehow sew the darning foot to the jeans.  Before breaking another needle.

And now I've got 11 more denim needles (6 Singer, 5 Schmertz).  I hope they last long enough to fix another 6 or so pairs of jeans, if I don't run out of patch-denim before that.  Had to sacrifice a leg from a pair of jeans I made into shorts. 

No comments: