Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another discovery

I signed up for the JCPenney Rewards program a while back, after getting a lot of emails from them about it. Basically, you earn points for what you spend there, and get a $10 gift certificate after you spend $250. I don't buy a lot there, but we do get shoes there, and some toys at Christmas (they carry Breyer exclusives). I thought over time, I'd eventually earn $10 or so.

Turns out I didn't read all the fine print. I got my monthly email statement today and noticed I didn't have any points. As it happens, they don't roll points over from month to month, so unless you spend $250 in one month (*), you won't earn anything. Guess I won't be getting any Rewards anytime soon.

(*) If you purchase something - anything - at JCP one month, you apparently get double points the next month. So I may accidentally earn a Reward someday.

No comments: