Friday, January 26, 2007

Such a tiny dent

The dent in my car (see yesterday's accident) looks so small. Not like last time, when I was rear-ended and the whole stinking bumper was dangling. But, according to the repair estimate, it's not so small. Over $500, for crying out loud, including labor. I guess paint blending is a slow job. Oy. On the up side, if they repainted the whole door, they would take out probably 20% of the door dings. You can tell that Blue spends a lot of time in parking lots.

So, it's Friday. It's amazingly warm outside (forecast says 50 degrees tomorrow, 30 the next day). Snow and ice are melting like crazy, and I'm sitting here drinking hot chocolate. Swiss Miss English Toffee, from a box with no date on it, and I don't remember when we bought it. SM used to make a yummy raspberry truffle hot chocolate, but I haven't been able to find it again. I guess I didn't buy enough to make it profitable. And I'm sitting here with more than 1,300 messages in my Yahoo inbox, which isn't even my main email account. Sheesh. It started when El Burrito was born, and may never get better. I used to keep the inbox below 50 messages, back when there was limited storage. Now, you get 1GB, so I've got less incentive right now to keep it cleaned out.

In other news - new television shows tonight. Monk, Psych, and the repeat of Monday's Heroes on Sci Fi. So nice of USA and Sci Fi to run staggered seasons. It's been a nice week, TV-wise. Tuesday's Gilmore Girls was one of the better episodes this season. The end of the Lorelai/Christopher run may be in sight, although poor Keiko Agena was wearing the most unbelievable pregnant-with-twins costume I've ever seen. Plus, new Veronica Mars and NCIS, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs, and another disc of the Murphy Brown DVDs.

But television isn't my only entertainment. I've been working through the stack of library books. I managed to finish the latest Tony Hillerman, Shape Shifters, although I seemed to finish this one f aster than I used to. Possibly I'm just reading faster and not paying as much attention to detail. But still a good mystery, even though I haven't read the series entries immediately preceding this one. Also managed to get the first Dresden Files novel, Storm Front, from the library (thus leading to yesterday's little problem) and finished it this morning. It was pretty good, so I'll probably end up finally buying the rest of the series from Amazon. As soon as I figure out for sure which I already have. Lets just say I've got a lot of books, 80% in boxes for a hopefully-impending move. Hence, the Mega Spreadsheet, listing almost every book I own, by author, title, ISBN, and more. It's big.

And next week my yarn order will arrive, so I'll have to try and finish the Acorn Hat this weekend. Then I can start on the next project, whatever that turns out to be.

No comments: