Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Random Thoughts

A big day today - I packed up El Burrito and we went to the library. I try to go on Tuesday afternoons, so we can hit the Friends bookcarts in the lobby. They have a little weekly sale, a bigger sale on the first Tuesday of the month, and a huge sale 4 or 5 times a year. The weekly sales are usually good for a book or two, and they usually have a cart of childrens' books. Cheap books are good, and the money goes to support the library, so it's a nice thing all around.

Today, we hit the 25-cent CD jackpot. For $1.50, we came home with country, bluegrass, jazz, Hawaiian slack-key (sounds interesting), and some random names that sounded familiar. That plus a couple of 50-cent hardbacks without dustjackets, and one paperback, all for the low price of $4.00. Nothing for El Burrito's shelf today, but last week was his jackpot - Giggle Giggle Quack and How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon, among others nifty finds. How Do Dinosaurs. . . was especially good, since his aunt sent him the Spanish version of that one. I read it to him already, but my Spanish is rusty and I had no idea what I was saying half the time.

But the book sale luck kind of made up for the fact that all the library copies of the first Dresden Files book are checked out, except for one copy that was hiding somewhere. Sad, that I own the book, but it's boxed up along with 80% of my books, and I can't get to it. So I'm on the waiting list now, and hopefully a copy will come in soon.

This afternoon, if possible, I need to order some yarn from Joanns.com - suede for the stick horse, and a couple skeins of other things for a couple of projects. Need to order soon, the coupon expires tomorrow.

No comments: