Thursday, January 25, 2007

An interesting day

It was an interesting day, we'll say. Managed to get myself and El Burrito ready to go out for lunch with DH - it only took 35 minutes to get everything dressed, packed, and out to the car. And we didn't forget anything for the errand-running after lunch.

The down side of the day - a very minor accident at the library parking lot, where I (my car, actually) managed to be in the path of another car that was backing out. So much for the quick 2-minute trip while DH entertained the little boy. Only a tiny dent in the front-side panel (that we know of), but still. I seem to have lousy luck with parking lots. Sigh. Less damage than the Toys R Us parking lot fender bender, though. That one was just a crazy thing, since another woman and I managed to back into each other. Talk about rotten timing.

The upside of the day - some nice deals on socks and shirts for El Burrito at Old Navy, thanks to their 8 pairs for $10 socks and a 10% off coupon I got last time I shopped there. And I got another 10% coupon today, so if he needs more socks, we know where to go. Then it was a silent moment in the parking lot while we watched the old Walmart being demolished. This was the next-to-last non-SuperWalmart in town. I loved it. I could find everything, including my car when I was done shopping. It closed last October, and I was honestly betting that the demo team would be there the next morning. I'm shocked that it took 3 months. After the farewells, it was a quick stop at the PO to mail a book I sold on Amazon, and a detour to Gymboree to take advantage of their price adjustment policy. The things I bought on sale Monday were marked down again on Tuesday, so we got $7 back (about 15% of what we spent). Woo hoo.

And now, thanks to idiocy on Yahoo!'s part, I'm searching other TV listings to find out when a few shows are on. Their TV listings were very handy, until a recent "upgrade" that pretty much hosed any functionality they once had. I'm still looking for a good replacement. And trying to figure out what to have for dinner tonight.

No comments: