Monday, March 14, 2011

Weather Wackiness

Yesterday's newspaper forecast: Slight chance of rain tonight (Sunday night), clearing tomorrow. High 52.

What we see outside right now:


That's about two inches of "chance of rain" and it's still coming down. Melting underneath, though. Lots of slush.

My original plans for this morning were to move the half-dozen irises that some nitwit planted under the evergreen hedge, and as many of the (presumed) daylilies that I could manage, after creating their flowerbed. Not happening. In fact, I had moved two irises over the weekend, including one that over-wintered in the garage in a flower pot with some lilies. Last night, 10:00 or so, we got home from the in-laws and I dashed out with a flashlight and bucket so they could spend the night in the kitchen.

So, instead, I'll maybe be figuring out the Jiffy (probably tm) tray greenhouse that I got for Christmas. I need to figure out what to start first; probably coneflower, peppers, possibly broccoli or some herbs. Then I'll have to find a warm spot for it.

No comments: