Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What's up here?

So, basically, what's El Burrito up to lately? Because I'm stuck in the Same Ol' Same Ol' rut.

Both PBS stations have changed their schedule (probably due to back-to-school time). So now we have no Jay Jay the Jet Plane or Caillou during the week, just WordWorld. And I'm not sure El B entirely comprehends "it's not on tv today" as a reason. The library does have Caillou DVDs, to give us some variety.

He did come up with a good one yesterday. He was putting his alphabet-puzzle letters (and numbers) on the floor in rows. When I asked him what he was doing, he said "I'm building a word." Yeah, I think WordWorld is sinking in. Granted, his "word" was gibberish, but I'm okay with that.

He can also sing the Red Dwarf theme song. Both verses. Although he occasionally gets goldfish shoals mixed up with Goldfish crackers, and can't quite pronounce "shipwrecked and comatose" yet. Yep, my boy's a geek in training.

He did frustrate me yesterday - refused to take a nap after laying down for 90 minutes. He napped today, though. Thank God.

No comments: