Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Again

Library Day! (El Burrito's favorite, maybe).

Library stats as of today: 23 items out, 5 on hold. Returned 3 books, 1 CD (Buddy Holly) and 1 DVD (The Universe). Checked out 6 books. I made it to the top of the waitlist for Diamond of Darkhold (the 4th City of Ember book). My copy is stamped 9-8-08, so they got more copies in last week.

Returned:
  • Katy and the Big Snow (which we need to buy for El B)
  • What Janie Found (last in the Milk Carton series)
  • Top Chef Cookbook - interesting stuff about the show, but the recipes aren't something we're realistically going to make. Or eat, most likely - most of it would be $$$$ at a restaurant.

And it was El Burrito's lucky day - we found 3 Clifford books on the sale cart, all Halloween related. One's in Spanish, so I can brush up on my rusty spoken Espanol. And maybe he'll get the gist of the whole Halloween thing, and help decide what costume he wants this year.

The big fall book sale was held last weekend. I went alone (left El Burrito and DH home asleep), and showed some restraint. :) I spent $59 on Saturday, with about $10 of that being various CDs, DVDs, and VHS tapes (although slightly overpriced at $1 per VHS). I scored some pretty interesting books, although I did end up with some duplicates, mostly of Redwall books. But, at 50 cents each, I can live with it. Kind of embarrassing, though, to buy the same book twice on the same day. I went back on Sunday, but the stock was dwindling a bit, and I only spent $15. Nothing for El Burrito, since the children's' book sale is next month, but I did find some Dragonlance books for DH. They're replacements - he loaned his to his sister in college, and she somehow sold them all at a yard sale. Go figure.

No comments: