Sunday, February 4, 2018

Estate sales 2/2/18 and other shopping this week


Only one estate sale in town this weekend.  It was in an older neighborhood, where the streets were definitely not laid out in any sort of grid.  One street name actually jumped streets here and there - three sections of street, not connected to each other directly, with one name.  Very confusing.

I bought a carroms board set for my mother.  Missing some of the game pieces, but vintage.


A neat pair of crocheted Christmas ornaments, similar to the trio of pandas I found a few months ago.  These have "Made in China" stickers.


A handful of china animal figures.  There were more the first day, but I missed seeing them and they sold before I went back on day 2.  I did buy a horse (marked Germany), a trio of bone china swans made in Japan, a Hagen-Renaker dragon with a missing tail tip, and a Hagen-Renaker Canada goose.  Wish I'd bought the frog and pair of chickens.







Earlier this week, I checked out the local Goodwill.  It was a good day - a full-size tripod for $6 (although I may return that, since we have one tripod already), a large-ish Joby Gorillapod for $3 (score!), two like-new manga books for the Burrito, and a French copy of The Little Prince.  Oh, and two sets of battery-powered "sno lites" that won't be used for snow around here. 

In illogical Goodwill fashion, the manga were $1 each because they apparently aren't "comics" or "childrens books" (I'd dispute both of those, although realizing that manga aren't always for kids), but Le Petit Prince was considered a 50-cent kiddie book. 

No comments: