Friday, January 17, 2014

The week's hunting

Treasure hunting and miscellaneous shopping for the week:

Wednesday


Tuesday Morning - 2 boxes of Christmas crackers (70% off), 2 more skeins of purple/blue yarn, and a ceramic hedghog.




Goodwill - Found a Hawaiian-print shirt for Son, and a stack of books, mostly for him but a few for me.  The best was a copy of The Silver Brumby, an Australian book.   Can't beat 30-cent kids' paperbacks.  (My  best find so far at Goodwill was 3 books from a series I read, signed by the author - who happens to be a distant relative of mine.  For 30 cents each.)



Ebay - A heavy stack of Piecework back issues.

 


A friend gave me a stack of old crochet and needlework booklets, which are always fun.



Thrift Store, trip one - 2 crochet books, a magazine, and some Cook's Illustrated back issues (which it turns out I already have - my list is back in my wallet).




Thrift store, trip two - 2 CDs, a $2 Scrabble game with all the tiles, two calendars for a friend, and a couple more magazines.


No comments: