Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sickness & infection

I spent my day, or most of it, trapped on the couch with a sickly young man. What fun, because he insisted on watching "little boy shows" (i.e. the PBS Kids daytime lineup) and on having me right there with him. I did get some crocheting done, but not much else.

For the morning, we waited for a call-back from the pediatrician's office, then went in for a visit, and stopped at the pharmacy on the way home. Turns out El Burrito has an ear infection with a side order of possible strep, and, oh yeah, have we noticed any ear drainage, because Dr. P wasn't sure, but that ear looked a little moist and the eardrum may have ruptured recently, it's hard to tell, and anyway it's healing already if it did happen.

Which is why I spent the rest of the afternoon pinned to the couch by an unhappy and clingy young man. So much fun. I did get to read a bit (awkwardly, since he was draped over my lap), and after he finally dozed off, did some crocheting (a hat for my brother's girlfriend/fiance) and watched The Good Wife.

I really hope the amoxicillin works fast, because our couch is actually a love seat, and is definitely not suited for an all-day camp-out. Doesn't help that it's old and sags in places, either.

No comments: