Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Costume update

The costume is underway. Pictures to come later.

  • I took the mittens off the mouse costume, and re-hemmed the cuffs.
  • The tail is loose. Just have to decide whether to cut it off, or try to take it out of the seam. I'm leaning toward cutting it off as close to the seam as I can get. The lining makes it hard to get at the seam from the inside, so re-sewing the seam would be tricky.
  • I braided a new tail out of grey yarn.
  • I've got an outline for the ears that I need to cut out of felt. Traced around the ears on the store costume for a basic start.
Here's the odd part. I fought with Meijer's website, trying to get to the returns screen. No go. Something to do with not having an account when I placed the order, I suppose. So I called their handy toll-free number. No wait time, and a helpful CSR. Here's the weird part - I don't have to return it for a credit. I'm supposed to destroy it, apparently. Still waiting for the email confirmation, but that's what she told me.

No comments: