Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What I did Monday night

I watched part 1 of Reckless on DVD, and made this:


It's a belt for El Burrito. Took me about 90 minutes to do - all hand-stitched, since I don't have a sewing machine, and I won't include the hour or so we spent looking for the pincushion.

I ended up making this belt, thanks to Hobby Lobby, because I can't find a belt around here that will fit El Burrito. (Can't find a small toddler-size pillow, either.) He's 2, but still wearing 12-month and 18-month shorts because he's apparently a bit on the beanpole side of things. I found some belts online, but I couldn't talk myself into spending $15 on a velcro belt that he'd only be able to wear for a year. So instead, I spent $3 at Hobby Lobby and ended up with this. $1.24 for a yard of cotton strap, $1.69 for a package of 4 D-rings. I may ask for a thimble for a partial anniversary present, though. Getting a needle through three layers of strap was a trick sometimes.

Reckless, by the way, is pretty good so far. We're only 2 hours in, and the set is 8 hours total (with the 2-hour sequel). I got a good laugh at the end, mostly because we've been watching Foyle's War on Masterpiece, and Michael Kitchen is in both series. I'm used to him being calm, wise DCS Foyle who always catches the culprit, and hearing him leaving half a dozen panicky, rambling messages on his wife's answering machine, thinking she knew he was having an affair, just hit my funny bone for some reason.

In other news, it's rained all day. My rain gauge is topped off, and I need to empty it. El Burrito insisted on walking out in the rain to check the mail, and got to play in some puddles along the way. He hit a deep one at one point and got his socks wet, but he had some fun. Yesterday, he dropped his plush Elephant (a plush Horton, $6 on clearance at Target, and a big hit here) in a puddle, but he dried out overnight.

No comments: