Monday, June 9, 2008

Progress!

We got a few things marked off the list recently. Makes me happy. :)

I found the missing restaurant gift card that we got at Christmas. Still in the Christmas card, and tucked into the big envelope with El Burrito's Xmas pictures. Which, obviously, I haven't looked at since then. I found it when I was looking for the big 10x13 photos we got, because I was planning to put one in a frame and hang it up. Well, we put one in the frame, but it's still not on the wall. Kind of sad that we don't have any pictures of us hanging anywhere.

And we finally managed to order a new microwave and stove, and dishwasher to boot. It only took 3 hours at Lowe's and the equivalent of our "economic stimulus" check. And we still don't have any of them. Who knew that bisque-colored appliances would have to be special-ordered (well, except for the stove) and wouldn't be in for 3 weeks? Sure, the stove's available now, but we don't need the stove now. I'm calling my brother later to see if he's still got the microwave I loaned/gave him for college. If he does, I'm borrowing it back for a month.

We spent part of yesterday at the in-laws' farm again, for yet another birthday. The family yard sale has come and gone, and once again we weren't invited to participate. I'm not sure who makes the decisions on including people; I'm betting it's that Least-favorite Sister-in-law, since the yard sale is held at her house. Not sure why she doesn't like me, but she can keep right on doing it for all I care. Twit.

No comments: