Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another cute El Burrito story

Background info: El Burrito is on a Charlie Brown kick these days, so we've been watching the Peanust DVDs a lot. Right now, we've just got the "big 3" holiday specials and Lucy Must Be Traded out (the others are boxed up), so we've watched the Xmas special pretty often.

On to the cute story. El Burrito was helping me with the laundry on Monday. (His "help" is mainly running off with the laundry baskets to push them around, or tossing random stuff into the dryer - this week, it was red and orange crayons, which I luckily found.) He gets a kick out of watching the water run into the washer for some reason, so I let him watch when I can. This week, while he was sitting on the edge of the washer, he leaned over and said "Hello in there!" and then mumbled "something something Christmas cards!"

I laughed at the time, but it took me a few minutes to realize where he got that from. It's Charlie Brown yelling "Hello in there" into the mailbox, when he's looking for Christmas cards. After I figured it out, I had to laugh some more.

He's also started saying "Good Grief," "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" and "customer" (he got that one from Lucy. And he knows when Shroeder's about to play Jingle Bells.

No comments: