Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday is book day

Today was Tuesday, so that meant another trip to the library. We found a few books at the sale, El Burrito was his charming self and saw his buddy who works at the sale fairly often, and we didn't check anything out of the library. Because, you know, I've got a reeeeaaalllyy overdue DVD that was putting a block on my card. Sigh. So we watched the DVD at lunchtime and now I need to get it back to the library before my books that are waiting for me, aren't waiting (there's a time limit on holds).

El B got 2 books - What Moms Can't Do, and When Moon Fell Down. He absolutely loves the moon, and held the Moon book in his stroller the whole time. For myself, we found Hiding the Elephant: How Magicians Invented the Impossible and Learned to Disappear, and Tomb of the Golden Bird, from Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody series. My sister swears that I got her hooked on the series, even though I've never read it. I think she's confusing Amelia Peabody with Emily Pollifax, a series that I love (and which I wish there were new additions to the series, but nothing for a few years now).

Still reading The Irish way : a walk through Ireland's past and present by Robert Emmet Ginna. It's misplaced in The Pile again, so I need to find and finish it before it's overdue. It's an interesting read, and I'm getting to the part where he's in the southern part of Ireland, which is where we spent a few days. It's a kick to read about places and say gee, we were there!

No comments: