Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday!

So, the problem with the Ebay shipping yesterday was my error. Yeah, there's a difference between Parcel Post and Priority, and I wasn't reading carefully. Glad I noticed before I actually mailed it. But it got worked out in the end, and the diaper bag is en route to a new home.

And I've been trying to prep a bit for the weekend. I've got two things that have to be mailed tomorrow, so I need to finish tracking them down, packing them, and getting the labels printed. I've got a shirt and some beads to return also. The beads and shirt are located, along with the receipt for the beads. I just need to find the Sears receipt for the shirt, which seems determined to not be found.

Been following the Heath Ledger news (because you can't avoid it). The fact that his parents and ex-SO found out on the news, instead of getting a phone call or something, really ticks me off. As does the fact that the masseuse who found him decided to call Mary Kate Olsen first, and called 911 almost half an hour later. There are no words for how insane I find that. I know it's not usual to find a possibly-dead body, and panic would set in, but cripes, people. 911 and CPR shouldn't be that freaking hard to come up with.

El Burrito has turned out to be a Muppet fan. He likes his Sesame Street in the morning, although we've been watching the old episodes on DVD lately (Old School Volume 1, until I can order Volume 2). I got the Muppet Show Season 1 for Christmas, and put the first disc in yesterday. He got a bigger kick out of that than he does from Sesame Street. I've got no clue why he found it so funny, but he laughed for most of the second episode.

I started his next hat last night - it's going to have earflaps. I got the pattern from the 2008 Pattern-a-day calendar that he got me for Xmas this year. It's going pretty fast so far, it's probably close to halfway done. I figured out the front post and back post double crochet, although I'm not crazy about them yet. Tonight should get it finished, if I can crochet through the majority of Psych, Monk, and/or House (to keep from seeing the gorier bits of House).

No comments: