Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yard sale fun

No, not my own yard sale. That's happening when we move. I left El Burrito and DH in bed this morning and had a couple of hours "alone" (surrounded by other shoppers).

Today was the big spring book sale for the Friends of the Library, as well as a fundraiser yard sale for a local preschool. Last year I scored a Puzz3D of the Titanic for only $2 at the preschool sale. This year it was smaller, but I still found some goodies. Spent a total of $5.75 ($4.75 early, then $1 later during $1 a Bag time). I found a leather belt, 3 stuffed critters (Snoopy, Paddington, and a Beanie elephant), 8 books, a nice Disney puzzle, and one of those foam floor puzzles that'll be about 2x5 feet when it's together.

At the Friends sale, I got 3 big bags of books, a couple LPs, 2 CDs, a Roy Rogers DVD, and what appears to be a foreign-release VideoCD of Star Wars V. All for under $40. Some good books, too - I found a Quantum Leap info book that I hadn't seen before.

And just now, I screwed up an entry for an online contest, and have apparently ordered 12 issues of Redbook for $6.44. Have to call next week and take care of that, I guess.

No comments: